Why Venture Builder/Startup Studio?
Startup Studios - Innovating Innovation
If only a mere 0.1% of startups and 10% of VC funds are deemed successful, isn’t it high time we consider new ways of starting and operating companies? We strongly believe so and the number of people who agree with us is growing. As investors scramble to modify their age-old investment strategies to provide more human capital, a completely new model has emerged to increase the success rate of startups.Read More
- History of the startup studio model (key graphic: Leading Startup Studios Since 1996)
- Startup studios in numbers (key graphic: Breakdown of Startup Studios Around the World)
- Startup studio trends (key graphics: Rise of Human Capital, VC and Accelerator’s Favoring the Startup Studio Model)
- Startup studio exits (key graphic: Recent Trend in Startup Studio M&A)
- Startup studio case studies (key graphics: case studies for Betaworks, Blenheim Chalcot, Expa, Atomic, Human Ventures, Science)
- Startup studio design dimensions
WORK WITH PASSION
Alper Celen, Founding Partner
Serial entrepreneur as founder of FoodOnClick.com Saudi Arabia (exit to DeliveryHero 2015), MondoRide, Commit Device Protection, Fursaty.com. Extensive management consulting experience as founder of Commit Network and McKinsey & Company. Other leadership positions in Nokia, IBM, Ansys, and NASA contractor Millitech. Angel investor and advisor to multiple startup companies including Mubi.com and Buglance.com. MIT Enterprise Forum, Tech Stars, and Startupbootcamp mentor.
US and Turkish citizen working in the region for 12 years. MBA with high distinction from MIT Sloan School of Management, BS and ME in Electrical Engineering from University of Virginia
Ritesh Tilani, Founding Partner
Serial entrepreneur as founder of award-winning CareZone (Best New Business Middle East 2011) and Puloma. Venture capital experience as Head of UAE at iMENA Group. Extensive high-tech and telecom management consulting and corporate experience as founder of Innoventa, Head of Strategy at Nokia, and as part of Bain & Company’s Singapore Office. Advisor, angel investor and board member to multiple startups. Tech Stars and Startupbootcamp mentor.
A native of the UAE with over 30 years of experience in the region. MBA from INSEAD, B.S. in Economics from University of Pennsylvania – The Wharton School