Dubai, United Arab Emirates
January 3, 2021
We are Enhance Ventures, a venture capital backed startup studio building online marketplaces for the MENAPT market. Founded in 2016, Enhance has already launched joi Gifts and tojjar.me, and will launch Blue Terra in January 2021, with more marketplaces following thereafter.
We are looking for an English speaking Operations Associate for joi Gifts in Dubai, UAE, who will drive day-to-day responsibility operations, including logistics, order tracking, and timely delivery. The ideal candidate will have been successful in managing delivery and logistics at an existing retailer in UAE. A background in dispatch, delivery services and/or the flowers business is a plus. You must possess drive and a hunger for success, and the ability to deal with uncertainty while building a best-in-class logistics operation to ensure on-time deliveries for all joi orders. Candidates should be highly competent, results-oriented, have exceptional communications skills, a proven track record of success, and be solid team players. All applicants must be ready to start immediately.
- Day-to-day operations, including logistics, order tracking, and timely delivery
- Play a significant role in long-term planning, including an initiative geared towards operational excellence
- Demonstrate leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives
- Develop budget and manage costs accordingly
- Manage efficiency of resources and staff to minimize cost of delivery for every order
- Manage the movements of goods/products into and out of production facilities
- Minimum 4 years experience in Logistics and Operations Management with over 2 years in United Arab Emirates in related field
- Fluent in English is required, with strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to interface effectively with individuals at various levels, both internally and externally
- Experience building and managing delivery vehicle fleets and third parties
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business "by the numbers"
- Must be metrics-driven
- Excellent understanding of e-commerce
- Extraordinary work ethic with strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to operate under high stress with firm deadlines, and comfortable working non-normal hours
- Develops original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts/ideas, and thrive in a fast-paced, high energy environment as a team player
- Prior experience in MENA is preferred