December 29, 2020
We are an innovative, early-stage technology startup with a unique offering in the online gifts space. We have funding in place from regional and global investors, lofty goals and big plans for our future. This role is ideal for someone who has the right mix of leadership, passion, energy, experience, business savvy, entrepreneurial spirit and innovative nature.
As the UAE/ KSA Category Manager, you will be responsible for owning the performance of your online stores by managing strategic sourcing efforts, building and maintaining joi’s merchant partner network. You will continually maintain relationships and quality control the product preparation and delivery to joi customers. You will be responsible for vendor selection, negotiating costs and ensuring delivery of goods on a timely basis.
The ideal candidate will have been successful in a sales role at a startup or in an e-commerce category management role. You must possess drive and a hunger for success, and the ability to deal with uncertainty while growing joi’s product catalog to offer the best selection of gift items under one (virtual) roof.
Candidates should be highly competent, results-oriented, have exceptional communications skills, a proven track record of success, and be solid team players.
- Identify new merchants that add value to joi’s offering and build strong, effective, and longtime merchant relationships and partnerships
- Negotiate terms and secure merchant agreements with continuous frontline support to merchant partners (e.g., when they need contract renewal, stock replenishment, etc.)
- Use data to improve store performance and help achieve sales and financial targets in your market
- Develop joi’s strategy for success in each individual category
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to increase in sales
- Work with the broader joi/enhance team to develop proposals that speak to the partners’ needs, concerns and objectives
- Work with management team to obtain ‘big brand’ partners as key accounts
- Hire, train and manage a team of category associates across markets that joi operates in
- Prepare monthly reports on category performance
- Minimum 4 years of sales or online category management with prior experience in the flowers/gifts industry and/or with a MENA-based startup is preferred
- Deep understanding of e-commerce, supply chain and logistics with ability to quickly grasp concepts/ideas, and thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy environment as a team player
- Proven analytical skills and demonstrated ability to manage the business “by the numbers”. Must be metrics-driven
- Excellent real-time problem-solving and interpersonal skills with strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills in English (Arabic is a plus)
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals
- A Bachelor's degree is required, a Master’s / MBA is a plus