January 6, 2021
We are Enhance Ventures, a venture capital backed startup studio building online marketplaces for the MENAPT market. Founded in 2016, Enhance already launched joi Gifts and tojjar.me and will launch Blue Terra in December 2020, with more marketplaces following thereafter.
We are looking for a rockstar UX/UI designer located in Beirut to join Blue Terra. Responsibilities will include gathering user requirements, designing graphic elements and building navigation components and determining the overall direction for UX/UI. The ideal candidate should have a portfolio of professional design projects he or she is able to present to the team.
Ultimately, you will create both functional and appealing features that address our clients’ needs, allowing our marketplaces to become regional and global benchmarks when it comes to design and experience.
- Conduct customer research to gather and evaluate user requirements and develop a core understanding of user personas
- Develop and conceptualize a comprehensive UX/UI design strategy for the brands, determine direction and approach and seek buy in from leadership team and relevant stakeholders
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how our products function and look like, with a mobile-first mindset
- Identify and troubleshoot problems that may arise in the user experience, by Testing UI elements such as CTAs, banners, page layouts, page designs, page flows, and target links for landing pages
- Apply data driven approach to test features and variations using A/B testing and other techniques
- At least 4 years of proven work experience as a UX/UI Designer; fluency in English is a must and previous experience having designed for Arabic speaking audiences is a plus
- Portfolio of design projects including e-commerce sites and/or consumer mobile applications
- Extensive knowledge of wireframe and design tools (such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop Illustrator and Keynote), with up-to-date knowledge of HI guidelines and emerging technologies
- Strong ability to think technically and collaborate seamlessly with technical team members as it pertains to understanding the benefits, possibilities and constraints of common coding languages and platforms
- Having worked in a startup environment before, requiring high agility and adaptability. Time management and prioritization skills are critical for success
- Great team spirit and highly collaborative, with strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders across offices in 5 countries